Denied Disability Benefits? There is hope!
If your disability insurance benefits have been denied,
call us today to see if we can help.
No Fees until Recovery!
Calgary Disability Lawyer
Our Disability Law Firm
serves all of Alberta & Saskatchewan
Disability Claims Lawyer for EDMONTON & area, click: here
Are you alone in your fight for disability benefits against your insurance company?
At Bayda Disability Law we are your ‘disability law team’. Our Calgary disability law firm has over 15 year’s experience successfully obtaining long term disability benefits for our clients. We have extensive experience with people who are in terrible medical condition but are told that they still don’t qualify for benefits.
If your long-term disability benefits were terminated or you were never awarded benefits in the first place, it has probably been a long, lonely journey to this point. If you are tired, worn out, suffering from pain, lacking money and feeling like one person against a large, impersonal, and uncaring insurance company, we understand.
You may have put off calling us because you are worried about having to pay a lawyer on top of your other bills. We know that money is a huge concern at this stage of your life. We don’t want money to prevent you from having the disability benefits you need and are entitled to. We do not charge you fees unless and until we recover money for you. That is very important to understand, there are NO fees upfront.
Our Disability Law Firm Services
The first thing you should know is that disability claims can be time-sensitive; it is very important to call as soon as your benefits are denied or terminated. This ensures that your claim isn’t time-barred and has the best chance of being successful.
Because it can be intimidating contacting a lawyer and going through a process you don’t understand, here’s what to expect.
That First Phone Call to Your Disability Law Firm Team
You are not alone. Your initial contact will be with our staff, Wilma, Nancy, or Jennifer, who have years of experience helping people just like you.
Free Disability Law Claim Consultation
Our firm assists clients living in Alberta and Saskatchewan. We do not charge to review your long-term disability case. Call us at 403-670-0070 or toll-free at 1-855-670-0070 for your free consultation.
When you call us, we will discuss enough of your case to make sure we can provide you with the best service and chance of success. How do we do this? We take the time to understand your case and circumstances. We will let you know if we think we can be your disability law team and assist you. From there, the next step is to come in and meet us.
Meeting with Your Team in Person
If we can help you, we will schedule an appointment. If you live too far from Calgary to come into our office, we will arrange another way of meeting with you. Either way, we welcome you to our law firm. Our next step is to assess your claim, outline how we can assist you, explain the steps in a lawsuit and the timelines you can expect. We will also let you know our initial opinion of your case.
Your disability law team will then begin to locate, collect, and organize the evidence to argue your case. This often includes collecting medical records, finding and speaking with suitable witnesses and sometimes expert witnesses. Because of our extensive background in disability cases, we know what questions to ask and what experts to contact.
As we navigate the process of pursuing your claim, we will keep you informed of how your case is proceeding and we will always discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your case with you. We will provide you with our advice regarding next steps and the best way to pursue the goal of obtaining your disability money.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to get my benefits?
We know that you would like your case resolved as soon as possible. Your disability law team will continually be working to put together the best case for you. Your case will be based on evidence. The collecting of medical evidence is a key aspect of your case and in the vast majority of cases, the medical information is still developing. To put forth the best case for you, we need to be sure that we are clear about your treatment, medical condition, and prognosis.
A fair time estimate is between 18 – 24 months to resolve a case from the time we are hired. You are unique and your case is unique, it may take less or more time. We will work to move your disability benefits case towards resolution as efficiently as possible.
Will I have to go to court to get my benefits?
No, you will not necessarily have to go to court. We know that for most people, the thought of going to court is very stressful. We work to achieve the best resolution of your claim in the most cost-effective manner. The majority of cases do not go to trial in order to achieve a resolution. However, if we are not able to resolve your case without a trial, we advise you of that long before any trial date. It is important that the insurance company knows your team regularly prepares cases for trial and are prepared to go to trial if the matter is not resolved. You can have confidence that throughout your claim your team is fully prepared to advocate your case.
How can my case be decided if it doesn’t go to court?
Many disability cases settle at a mediation. Mediation is a formal negotiation. The people present at a mediation are you and your lawyer, the insurance company and its lawyer, and the mediator who is a trusted neutral person. Both sides agree on the mediator. The mediator’s job is to sort out the contentious issues and help both sides arrive at a consensus to resolve the case. A mediation is confidential. If the case does not settle, the parties can still go to court to have the matter decided.
Disability Claims Law is What We Do
We have brought cases against all major insurance companies. We know how they work, what they say, and why they deny benefits. We use our knowledge to help you. You won’t be alone in your fight against these large corporations, trying to navigate a system you don’t know while you are medically, emotionally, and financially in a terrible state. We are here for you.
Is this how your insurance company has treated you?
Bayda Disability Law
Not all insurance companies act this way, and not all the time, but some do!
- If this is how you have been treated, and you have been denied disability benefits, you need an experienced disability lawyer on your side fighting for your rights. You need to hire Allan Bayda and his staff.
- Allan Bayda is a Calgary long term disability lawyer with experience and expertise handling long term disability claim appeals. He helps disabled persons denied disability benefits that live in Alberta and Saskatchewan get the benefits they paid for.
- Insurance companies deny claims based on a lack of objective medical evidence and say they need more information to approve your claim. You need a disability lawyer to prove you are disabled.
- An experienced disability claims lawyer can help equalize the playing field. Insurance claims adjudicators deal with disability claims all the time. This may be your only claim. We have the money to send you to see their doctors to help deny your claim.
- Insurance companies have the money to get surveillance of you doing activities your doctor said would help your medical condition.
- You are at a disadvantage not knowing the “system” and how it works. Our Disability law team can explain the “system” to you and look after your best interests. We can handle appealing the denial of your disability benefits.
- Our law firm charges a percentage of the money we obtain on your behalf. There are no fees unless there is a recovery.
- Call the Bayda Disability Law Firm office if your disability claim has been denied or terminated. We will handle your claim and get you the benefits you deserve.
- This website was designed to give you general information on disability insurance and the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) disability claims. The information provided is an introductory guide to the process of disability insurance claims.
- This website provides you with information as to what to expect when making a disability insurance claim.
Bayda Disability Law Firm – Calgary Disability Lawyers
If you are totally disabled and the insurance company or Canada Pension Plan has denied your claim, do not give up! Call our office today and let us help you with your claim.
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Claims
Over the past 15 years, Allan Bayda has handled hundreds of long term disability insurance claims in Alberta and Saskatchewan. The Calgary office is just off Deerfoot Trail near 32nd Avenue and 19th Street NE. We are located across from the McCall Golf Course in northeast Calgary. Free parking is available.
Allan and his staff can help you with your long term disability claim to get the benefits you are entitled to.
Reasons to Hire a Long Term Disability Lawyer
- If you hire our disability law firm you don’t have to speak to the insurance claims adjudicator anymore.
- We have extensive disability law experience having represented hundreds of clients with disability claims,
- Bayda Disability Law Firm cares about you as a person, not just a number.
- We have the expertise representing claimants appealing Long Term Disability Claims,
- We have the respect of their clients and other lawyers and get business through word of mouth and referrals.
- We do not charge to review your claim by telephone or in-person,
- If We take your case, we do not charge fees until the resolution of your claim.
- We take cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we only charge legal fees if your claim is successful.
- We will tell you the truth about whether your claim is worth pursuing,
- We take cases on a percentage basis where the legal fees are a percentage of your recovery from the disability insurance company,
- We have sued all the major insurance companies for breach of their contractual obligations to pay insurance benefits. We have never acted on behalf of insurance companies.
- We have many happy and satisfied clients.
- We will assist you in ensuring your disability claim is properly documented so that your claim will settle for fair value.
Our disability lawyers have handled many different types of disability claims including:
- psychiatric issues
- anxiety and depression
- disabling nerve pain
- severe back or neck pain
- herniated discs
- severe vision problems
- Crohn’s disease
- chronic pain
- inoperable neck problems
- thoracic outlet syndrome
- rheumatoid arthritis
- chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- advanced diabetes
- multiple sclerosis
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- heart conditions
Free Review of Your Disability Claim
- For a free review of your long term disability claim, call the Bayda Disability Law Firm at
403-670-0070 or toll-free 1-855-670-0070.
- Our staff will discuss your individual circumstances. We can give you some general advice and let you know if we can assist you with your disability claim.
- We can give you some free tips and advice by telephone on what you can do to try to appeal your claim on your own. If we think we can help you with your claim, we will set up an appointment and will meet with you in person to discuss how we can help you appeal your claim.
- Distance in Alberta or Saskatchewan is not a problem as we have the technological tools to help you with your disability claim irrespective of the distance to our office.
Call the Bayda Disability Law firm as soon as possible after your denial to discuss your disability insurance claim. We represent disabled clients throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan. Wherever you live, Bayda Disability Law Firm is the disability law firm that can help.
Disability lawyers serving all of Alberta & Saskatchewan including:
Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Fort McMurray, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Regina, & Saskatoon.